Get Ready for the Experience of a Lifetime!
In 2017, CISV Jacksonville will offer programs all over the world.
|Program (click for details)||Ages (click to check birthdates)||2017 Programs|
|Village*||11 years old||London, Canada June 30 to July 27, 2017
Lisbon, Portugal June 30 to July 27, 2017
Cincinnati, OH June 24 to July 21, 2017
|Interchange*||12-13 years old||Prague, Czech Republic
Host : June 24 to July 11, 2017
Travel: July 13 to July 30, 2017
|Step-Up*||14 years old||Ferrara, Italy – July 7 to July 29, 2017|
|Interchange*||14-15 years old||Malmo, Sweden
Host : June 24 to July 12, 2017
Travel: July 14 to Aug 1, 2017
|Youth Meeting*||16-18 years old||Galicia, Spain July 28 to Aug 11, 2017|
|Junior Counselor||16-17 years old||Cincinnati, OH June 24 to July 21, 2017 (Male) Belgie, Belgium July 7 to Aug 3, 2017 (Female)|
|Seminar Camp||17-18 years old||San Salvador, El Salvador July 3 to July 23, 2017 Cortina, Italy June 17 to July 7, 2017|
|International People’s Project||19+||See cisv.org for locations & dates|
|Step-Up*||14 years old||Lima, Peru Dec 27, 2017 to Jan 18, 2018|
|Youth Meeting||14-15 years old||Lisbon, Portugal Dec 27, 2017 to Jan 3, 2018|
How much does it cost?
Costs are approximately $1700-$1900 + travel; partial scholarships may be available, based on need. If you have questions about a specific program, please e-mail us and we can let you know what to expect.
At home and away
Safe in our hands
The safety of your child is paramount. With over 60 years experience of running camp-based programs, you can be assured your child is safe with us. Read more about child safety and protection in CISV.
Goals for Participants and Volunteers
- To provide participants with experiences requiring cross-cultural cooperation in a natural setting
- To provide participants with knowledge and experience about everyday life in another culture
- To develop the ability to behave constructively and flexibly when interacting with persons of another culture
- To develop skills in resolving conflict without violence
- To stimulate a desire to work actively for peace
- To provide a source of leadership for creating national and global communities respectful of cultural diversity, human rights and our physical environment
- To develop a sense of personal responsibility for family, community and national behavior
Questions? Please e-mail us. We are happy to help.