Internship with Local Chapter of Global Nonprofit Educating and Inspiring Active Global Citizens through Programs for Youth
Help plan an international leadership camp for 14 year olds
CISV Jacksonville (www.cisvjax.org), an international nonprofit, will be hosting 40 14-year old youth and their adult chaperones from 10 countries in the summer of 2017 who will participate in an international leadership camp in Jacksonville called “Step Up.”
CISV (www.cisv.org) is a global organization dedicated to educating and inspiring for peace through building inter-cultural friendship, cooperation and understanding through international educational programs. CISV aims to help its participants develop the skills they need to become informed, responsible and active global citizens and make a difference in their communities and the world.
CISV’s Step Up program encourages young people to take a leading role in planning and organizing activities. The participants and their adult leaders use CISV’s peace education to guide the theme of the camp around which they plan activities.
The Camp Planner will support the CISV Step Up camp either during fall semester 2016, spring semester 2017 or summer 2017. The Camp Planner’s duties include the following:
- Seeking cash and in-kind donations from local businesses to support the camp
- Coordinating volunteers for camp set-up, camp events, host families, serving meals, etc.
- Addressing practical issues with camp, such as cleaning supplies, kitchen staff and food, arts and crafts, audio visual equipment, sports equipment, religious services, camp picture/video, transportation, camp shop, and laundry and finances (including money exchange)
- Coordinating leaders day off and camp excursions
- Planning and setting up (summer only) the camp site– blowing up beds, getting linens
- Coordinating with Camp Staff
- Collaborating with School Officials
- Arranging for donations of food and drinks
- Coordinating logistics for the camp at the school location
Candidates applying should be available to attend meetings during the semester of the internship and spend at least 5 hours per week on the internship. The summer internship could include living at the camp location during the Step from June 30 to July 22. Interns are responsible for coordinating credit hours for internship if desired.
Excellent communications and research skills, computer skills (desktop publishing a plus), strong interpersonal and customer service skills and ability to work on deadline and on multiple projects simultaneously. Students pursuing bachelor’s and/or graduate degrees in business management, environmental students, marine science, international studies, communication, public relations or related fields. Access to a laptop computer with mobile internet access is a plus.
Send your resume to email@example.com or call or text Lisa Taylor, Vice President, Programs at (904) 646-7740.