The “Big Ed”-ucation Guide
for Active Global Citizenship
Download Big Ed (.pdf 38 pages)
CISV offers a fun and exciting experience, but there is a lot more to us than that. To read our full approach, download and view “Big Ed.” If you are looking for a shorter version, check out The Passport.
Our purpose is to educate and inspire individuals to become active and contributing members of a peaceful society – active global citizens. We aim to stimulate the life-long development of amicable relationships, effective communication, co-operation and leadership skills.
CISV programs have specific educational goals, including developing leadership skills, self-awareness, intercultural awareness and positive attitudes towards others, that are delivered through time-tested activities with 4 common characteristics. The activities must be interactive, fun, experiential. For participants, “experiential” means:
- Getting involved and doing rather than sitting and listening
- Learning from others and on your own
- Learning how rather than just learning facts
- Recognizing the importance of other people’s attitudes and values
- Applying practical, immediate approaches to problems/issues
We are fully committed to our educational goals. As a result, we also take research seriously in order to assess our educational impact.